[Mimedefang] Messages spooled by secondary MX miss Mimedefang?

Mark Suter suter at zwitterion.humbug.org.au
Sat Aug 23 11:01:01 EDT 2003

On 2003-08-23, Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> A few messages have got through without any check by MD/SA. These are all
> messages that went to the spool on an external secondary MX before arriving.
> What is it about a message taking this route that would allow it to slip in
> unchecked? All of these happened to be obvious spam. The MD and SA headers
> that are added to all mail by the local configuration were just not there.

My guess is the secondary MX is mentioned in the /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter.
Can you place this file online for us to look at?

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter  | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter at humbug.org.au | what you think I said, but I am not sure
gpg key id 2C71D63D | you realise that what you  heard  is not
mobile 0411 262 316 | what I meant.        Robert J. McCloskey