[Mimedefang] Dropping e-mails generated by the Sobig Virus

Michael Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Fri Aug 22 12:49:01 EDT 2003

I said:

> The problem with action_discard vis-a-vis Sobig.f, is that Sobig.f
> is often uses which then generate a delivery error in respose
> to the action_bounce.  I've personally received hundreds of
> these in the past few days.

Which was horribly mangled.  I meant to say, the virus often
uses an intermediary relay, which then generates an error
delivery message, which then goes to the wrong party.

Mike
Michael D. Sofka              sofkam at rpi.edu
C&CT Sr. Systems Programmer    Email, TeX, epistemology.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/