[Mimedefang] mimedefang-multiplexor and -r argument

Michael Faurot mfaurot at atww.org
Fri Aug 22 11:52:01 EDT 2003

This isn't really so much a bug as perhaps something that might be
better documented in mimedefang-multiplexor(8).  According to that man
page it says the following about the -r parameter:

	-r maxRequests

	The maximum number of requests a given process handles before
	it is killed and a replacement started.  The default is 500.

The way I read that, each slave should process maxRequests before it is
killed and restarted.  But from what I've observed in the stats logging,
is that maxRequests is divided by the number of slaves.  In my case, I
keep a minimum of three slaves, and I've set maxRequests to 3.  Thus,
each slave really only processes 100 requests before it's bounced.

Is this really the way the system is supposed to work?