[Mimedefang] mimedefang muiltplexor leaves instances on stop

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Thu Aug 21 19:42:01 EDT 2003

"G. Roderick Singleton" wrote:
> I run perl v5.6.1, mimedefang-2.33, spamassassin-2.55 under RH7.3
> (up2date) and I have noticed that the defang user leaves behind
> multiplexor instances upon being stopped. I have modified
> /etc/init.d/mimedefang to pkill user defang on stop because the original
> method doesn't do the job.
>
> Is there a better way to handle this situation than pkilling the user?

There's apparently a new RedHat init script in 2.36, which may or may
not fix the problem you're seeing.

I'm curious what sort of init script other people are using;  I've been
using one of the ones provided (not sure which one any more) since ~2.14
or so, and I've *never* seen problems with slaves hanging around
indefinitely after issuing a shutdown command.

-kgd
apartment it is.