[Mimedefang] Changing name of "warning" attachment

Richard Cooper richard.cooper at dagroupplc.com
Thu Aug 21 12:12:02 EDT 2003

> I've been through the man pages a couple of times, and the source code
> once, and it looks like the filename of the "warning" attachment is
> currently hardcoded to be "warning##.txt".
>
> Would it be useful to anybody else to be able to specify the
> basename as
> a configuration variable?  (In our case, we'd like to change it to
> something perhaps slightly less alarmist, like
> "quarantined_attachment_report##.txt".)

Definitely. Ours do not get read generally for the very reason that they have been taught well and they don't open files if they don't know what they are. Warning.txt just looks too dangerous to people who have been warned about files with multiple extensions (ie txt.scr, etc) and that you can't trust anything (which proves you can't win - keep quiet and people start running any old file that comes in via email, too alarmist and people stop opening anything, even when you want them to:)).

Cheers
Ric

they are addressed.

originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of DA Group.