[Mimedefang] Using values in X- headers for filtering

Murray Hunter mimedefang at bitscribe.com
Wed Aug 20 17:54:00 EDT 2003

I was going to send the following, at least until I checked my own version
of Outlook and 10 of the 20 dll's were v. 6.00.2600.0000.
However, the X-Mailer I'm sending out is 6.00.2720.3000 (the version of
msoe.dll), so if you were the daring type (or didn't have any users that
would complain) you could probably use a combo of the two tags.  I guess
I'll be adding SpamAssassin for more intuitive blocking...

   How about the Outlook version though, it looks like like it is a fake,
the 2600 is VERY suspicious.
   In searching on Google the only hits that came up seemed to refer to
other virii or bulk mail.

[perhaps someone at M$ has a sense of humour about the 2600 ;-)]

Also, if I were checking for SO_BIG, I would discard instead of bounce as
the from address is forged.

Thanks,
Murray Hunter
MIMEdefang convert
22,291 discarded messages in 32 hours and counting.