[Mimedefang] Using values in X- headers for filtering

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Wed Aug 20 16:32:02 EDT 2003

At 07:37 AM 8/20/2003, Murray Hunter wrote:
>All of these messages have
>the following header lines that seem to be specific to SO_BIG mails:

No, they're not specific to Sobig.  It's impersonating real MailScanner and
Outlook Express headers.

If you block based on these, you will reject anything that comes through a
server using MailScanner and everything that comes from that particular
patch level of Outlook Express (and a quick search of my mail archives
shows that it does exist).

In other words, you *really* don't want to do this - at least not based on
these values.

Kelson Vibber