[Mimedefang] filter_relay, HELO checks, and minimal filter

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Thu Aug 14 14:26:01 EDT 2003

I can answer some of these...

At 10:54 AM 8/14/2003, Martin J. Dellwo wrote:
>First, I had no difficulty creating filter_relay in mimedefang-filter, but
>then how do I invoke it?:)

There's a command-line option that causes it to be called automatically
(-r, I think), and it only works if you're using the multiplexor.

>What is the proper way to do this using access.db?  Are there particular
>IDs such as 'root' or 'postmaster' I need to leave alone?

Theoretically, postmaster should accept all mail directed to
it.  http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/policy-postmaster.php

>Just "An attachment named \"$fname\" was removed..." ?  Or perhaps $fname
>should be replaced by \n\n$fname\n\n to set it apart.

Yes, either of those should work.

Kelson Vibber