[Mimedefang] bayes filtering for a mimedefang implementation

Matt Cramer mscramer at armstrong.com
Tue Aug 12 14:34:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Mathew Thomas wrote:

> Matt, you are right. The variable is auto_learn_threshold_spam ( no
> bayes).  Now there is no error message when I run
> # spamassassin -D --lint
> except the following
> debug: debug: Only 0 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200

Right.  According to the man page the default number of messages that must
be processed by the bayes code is 200.  The bayes rules are not used by
SpamAss until that number is reached.

> I can see the files,  bayes_msgcount, bayes_sen and bayes_toks in the
> directory, "bayes_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/", but nothing in the
> directory, "/var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes" .  The file , bayes_msgcount
> has got about 15 dots and is increasing.
> I believe , "/var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes" is a directory.

Actually, no.  When you specify the bayes_path you are not specifying just
a directory, but the naming convention of the files.  See the man page for
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.  Your configuration is operating correctly.

Matt

--
Matthew S. Cramer <mscramer at armstrong.com>          Office: 717-396-5032
Infrastructure Security Analyst                     Fax:    717-396-5590