[Mimedefang] RFC: better virus scanner status reporting?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Aug 12 09:42:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, James Ralston wrote:

> Exit code "2" does not always mean "password protected".  It will also
> be returned for certain PDF files, with an error message of either
> "format not supported" or "unexpected error [0x80040202]".  It may
> also be returned in other situations.

OK.  I need to get MIMEDefang 2.36 out today, for other reasons.
This improved virus handling will have to wait for 2.37, or for consensus,
whichever comes first. :-)

For now, you can always look at $code and, having knowledge of your virus
scanner's peculiarities, make your own decision in the filter.

Your other suggestion (adding a way to control command-line arguments
for virus-scanning) is a good one, but unfortunately will have to wait
for 2.37 also.