[Mimedefang] bayes filtering for a mimedefang implementation

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Sun Aug 10 21:19:01 EDT 2003

On 8/9/03 5:13 AM, "Matt Cramer" <mscramer at armstrong.com> wrote:

[...]
> I do run mimedefang and mimedefang-multiplexor as the defang user.
> However there is no /home/defang/.spamassassin directory.  In my
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf (only file in that directory) I have the
> following lines:
>
> use_bayes 1
> bayes_auto_learn 1
> bayes_file_mode 0777
> bayes_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes
> bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 6.00

when using SpamAssassin with MIMEDefang, you need to have your configuration
in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf (unless something's changed since
I first installed MD)

you can make this a symbolic link to local.cf if necessary.

I think what's happening is that when you run sa-learn or SA on its own, it
reads the local.cf file, but MD is looking for the sa-mimedefang.cf file and
isn't finding it, so it's probably using some default set of configuration
rules as opposed to finding/reading local.cf.

hope this helps

alan