[Mimedefang] quarantined message forwarded

James Ralston qralston+ml.mimedefang at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Aug 10 16:15:00 EDT 2003

On 2003-08-10 at 12:07:31-0700 Bill Friedman <linguafr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I assume I'll be adding this
>
> return action_discard();
>
> ...somewhere in sub filter_end, but, I'm not certain where.

You don't want "return action_discard()", as that will mean that the
send_quarantine_notifications() (which is necessary to actually send
out the quarantine reports) isn't reached.

Just add a call to action_discard() after the call to
action_quarantine_entire_message().

FWIW, I disagree with the example mimedefang-filter configuration
file; namely, I think it makes more sense to call SpamAssassin from
filter_begin instead of filter_end.  That way, you can be certain that
SpamAssassin operates on the message as it was received, not on the
message as possibly modified by any of the filter or filter_multipart
subroutines.

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute