[Mimedefang] One message missed SpamAssassin rating (Weird)

Scott.Larnach at ed.ac.uk Scott.Larnach at ed.ac.uk
Sat Aug 9 16:09:00 EDT 2003

On 9 Aug 2003, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> I'm still very new to this combo and I'm curious about where to make the
> changes. I have tried lowering the hit level in MD and that seems to
> work but found no where that made any sense in SA.

You can set 'required_hits' in your local.cf . This will override the
default in 10_misc.cf which you can find in your installed rulesets,
usually in /usr/local/share/spamassassin or /usr/share/spamassassin:

# How many hits before a mail is considered spam.
required_hits           5

Instead of using a site-wide threshold, I chose to insert SA markup into
all messages entering our relays from non-local IPs. Individuals can
then set their own thresholds in their procmail or client filtering
rules. That way, we provide the information, but they get to make the
decisions.

Scott Larnach, Edinburgh University, Scotland.