[Mimedefang] One message missed SpamAssassin rating (Weird)

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Aug 8 13:43:01 EDT 2003

I found that with MIMEDefang, my pet peeve was simply that it did not modify
the headers for non-SPAM emails.  This made it hard to tell if an email went
through SpamAssassin and if it DID pass the SA tests, why and what rules,
etc. and what was it's score for passing. With things like AWL and Bayesian
rules, this can be important.

Anyway, I wrote some changes to the contributed mimedefang-filter to change
it to mark email messages the way SpamAssassin does by default if you aren't
using MIMEDefang.  I published my example filter at
http://www.pccc.com/downloads/MIMEDefang/.  If you think this might help you
solve your problem, you'll want to look at the mimedefang-filter-KAM file.

Regards,
KAM

From: