[Mimedefang] all_spam_to not working.]

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Fri Aug 8 09:40:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Bill Friedman wrote:

> Since I don't write perl and am looking for the simplest solution, can
> you at least tell me why the all_spam_to for recipients wouldn't work?

   Hi Bill, welcome to the wonderful world of MD/SA.  I'll take a stab at
your question.  Does the value of the "To:" header of the message match
one of the all_spam_to recipients?  If not, that would explain why they
see the message.  When mimedefang.pl calls SA, it passes along the
message, but not the envelope recipient(s).  So the only recipient
information SA has to go on is the "To:" header (and maybe others like CC
and BCC but I don't know if SA looks at those or not).

> And, upon doing some more reading it looks like if I use mimedefang to
> bypass filtering I need to implement stream_by_recipient, correct?

   Possibly.  Remember a single message can have more than one recipient.
If you want to do per-recipient filtering, you either have to
stream_by_recipient or have one recipient's rules apply to everyone who
gets the message.

   HTH...

Jim
* James H. McCullars                 I Phone: (256) 824-2610              *
* Director of Systems & Operations   I Fax:   (256) 824-6643              *
* Computer & Network Services        I Internet: mccullj at email.uah.edu    *
* The University of Alabama          I -----------------------------------*
*    in Huntsville                   I                                    *
* Huntsville, AL 35899               I This space for rent - CHEAP!       *