[Mimedefang] Grief take 2

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Wed Aug 6 23:24:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

I think that I may be closer to my problem. I had a problem in that I
was getting the dreaded 'try again later'.

I ran mimedefang with the -k switch, so I have the unapacked message in
the mdefang-xxxxx directory, and when I call mimedefang.pl by hand (this
time as the mimedefang user) I get:

calgw:/var/spool/MIMEDefang>/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl
./mdefang-h7733OXR037364/
connect: Permission denied (SOCK_DGRAM after trying SOCK_STREAM) at
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 361

I'm not quite sure whats going on here - there is no 'connect' in
minedefang.pl.

If I run this as root, it works.

I think the next step may be running the script under the perl debugger,
but I've yet to do that, so I am hoping someone can help me ;-)

Thanks!
Tim