[Mimedefang] Looking for an example of obfuscated HTML

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Aug 6 09:00:01 EDT 2003

David,

All good points.  However, in defense of the idea, I was posting more of a
starting point to render the HTML into plain text.  Obviously there needs to
be something added for MonoSpace and Font Size=0 and white on white at the
very worst.

Unfortunately, I don't think the majority of customers/users are going to
allow the getting rid of HTML emails.  Hell, I can hardly stop people from
using that darn hotbar that adds graphics to emails for people
automatically.

Anyway, I think an HTML to Plaintext rendering engine for SpamAssassin prior
to running tests might be a good idea for finding spam. It might also be
useful for MimeDefang especially on the multipart MIME type spams.  I think
comparing the plain text to the html "plaintext" would be an interesting
test.

Perhaps someone out there wants to help and we can run it through a few
spam/ham corpuses and see if would be a good test to add?

KAM