Spillover queue (was RE: [Mimedefang] Quarantine based on con tent)

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Wed Aug 6 08:13:01 EDT 2003

David,

I think this is an excellent idea.  I know that queue processing is slowed
tremendously, when a large number of messages are present.  Each pass
through the queue takes what seems like forever, some days.  Granted, it's
better now than it's been in the past.  Prior to adding some custom
LOCAL_RULESETS and MIMEDefang, our queue averaged between 2000 and 3000
messages at any given time.  Since building up the defenses over the past 8
months or so, that average has dropped closer to 500-600.  It still takes a
while to run through it, though.

I think your solution is a solid compromise.  Thanks much, for the
suggestion (and for MIMEDefang!)

Ken