[Mimedefang] bayes filter setup

Troy R. LeBouef troy at lebouef.com
Tue Aug 5 23:09:00 EDT 2003

Well I think I have it working ....

Modified sa-spamassassin.cf and added these lines.

# Enable the Bayes system
auto_learn              1
use_bayes               1
bayes_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0666

Then I reran the command line against the email user that I can send
spam:

sa-learn --spam --mbox /var/mail/spam

I think this will work and the response back increments when I send it
spam with no more error messages.

I will look into running it as defang though. Thanks.

I am a little concerned with the headers though. I do not know what
information it learns ? IMAP may be a better solution ??