[Mimedefang] Trying to use routine from FAQ to change recipients - not working

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Tue Aug 5 21:21:01 EDT 2003

Thanks to all who helped me track down that elusive needed "-c". Now I'm
running.

There still one thing I'd very much like to do: change the To: address of
e-mail that's above a SA threshold. From the FAQ I've borrowed the following
routine:

if ($hits > 5) {
  # Add a header with original recipients, just for info
  action_add_header("X-Orig-Rcpts", join(", ", @Recipients));

  # Remove original recipients
  foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
    delete_recipient($recip);
  }

  # Send to spam address
  add_recipient('spambox at transpect.com');
}

Afraid the only thing that actually happens is the added header,
X-Orig-Rcpts. Otherwise it's sent on to plague the original recipient as
always.

Now, the version in the FAQ (aka Collaborative Book on the mimedefang.org
site) has it:

if ($message_is_spam) {
            # Add a header with original recipients, just for info
            action_add_header("X-Orig-Rcpts", join(", ", @Recipients));

            # Remove original recipients
            foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
                delete_recipient($recip);
            }

            # Send to spam address
            add_recipient('spamdrop at mydomain.net');
}

At first I had that cut-and-pasted exactly into the SA end of sub
filter_end. Then I tried the explicit hits threshold instead. What might the
trick be to getting the delete_recipient and add_recipient functions
working.

Thanks again,
Whit