[Mimedefang] Looking for an example of obfuscated HTML

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue Aug 5 16:22:01 EDT 2003

On 5 Aug 2003 at 15:20, Cormack, Ken wrote:

> Quite a while back, I remember seeing (on this list) a link to an online
> example of really ofuscated HTML, given as an example of the way spam-ish
> text could be burried within a ton of cruft.  I see examples almost daily,
> but was particularly struck by this one example.  If memory serves, the HTML
> did something with tables, and the link was to a page on the MIMEDefang
> website, but I cant seem to find that link either in my emails, or through a
> search of the roaringpenguin web site.
>
> Does this ring a bell with anyone?  Or am I just in need of a nap?

Yeah, that was an example David provided a few months ago.  Can't
remember if the example was included in his list posting, or if there
was just a link to an example web page.

Either way, I'm sure glad David's on *our* side rather than the
spammers. :-)

Nels Lindquist <*>
----
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

Whatever is said in Latin, sounds profound.