[Mimedefang] Blocking CLSID attachments?

Clayton, Nik [IT] nik.clayton at citigroup.com
Tue Aug 5 09:58:00 EDT 2003

> I just ran the tests at http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/ on my
> MIMEDefanged server, mostly with success, however my setup
> (using FileScan
> and clamd) failed to block the CLSID attachments, which have filenames
> that look like this...
> viewthis.{3050f4d8-98b5-11cf-bb82-00aa00bdce0b}
> Anyone got any idea how to successfully block these in my filter?

Replace

    \{

in the $bad_exts definition in the default filter with

which should catch them all.  My bad.

1        1         2         3         4         5         6         7    7
         0         0         0         0         0         0         0    5
                                                    -- The 75 column-ometer
Global Messaging,                 A: Top posting
120 Cheapside, x83331             Q: What's the most annoying e-mail habit?