[Mimedefang] mysql problem

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Tue Aug 5 09:55:02 EDT 2003

On 08/05/03 at 07:36, 'twas brillig and B. Tolka scrobe:
> Hello Everyone,
>

> I have a sub routine called should_check_for_spam ($). This either
> returns a 1 or a 0. 1 means filter will check for spam 0 means its
> disabled. In my test environment everything works fine. However when
> I implement it in higher volume production box, it seems to retain
> the variables from the database in memory. I have tried to do a
> $sth->finish; and $dbh->disconnect. Below is a copy of the
> subroutine. Any help or ideas is very appreciated.
[...]

	It would help greatly if you could be more specific as to
which variables are being retained improperly... In fact, even your
wording above is a little perplexing -- did you mean

   "..it seems to retain the variables (from the database) in memory"
or
   "..it seems to retain the variables from (the database in memory)"

	?

	In any case, are you reinitializing all the variables you use
within the subroutine? The fact that a slave runs for 100 messages
(default) but the initialization of global variables happens only once
can be a little nonintuitive when you're tweaking away in the middle
of the code...

	Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key