[Mimedefang] Even hardwiring SA in mimedefang.pl doesn't do it

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Sun Aug 3 23:18:01 EDT 2003

Hard-coding mimedefang.pl to use spamassassin and setting that to 1, I get
no error messages, but also get no SA filtering, and nothing written to the
headers, despite a mimedefang setup modified so that it should add a SA
score to every e-mail regardless.

I have in sub filter_end:

    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
        if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 200*1024) {
            my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
            action_change_header("X-Spam-Score", "$hits ($score) $names");

which should be enough to assure that there's an X-Spam-Score header on
every e-mail coming through, right? We know ($Features{SpamAssassin}) == 1
because I've hard coded that. We know the input messages are smaller than
200 k. Why isn't the code running effectively?

Whit