[Mimedefang] Any point in using File::Scan as well as clamav?

Sebastian Zerbe sezer001 at uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Aug 1 05:17:01 EDT 2003

Am 2003.07.31 19:18:35 +0200 schrieb(en) "Cormack, Ken":
> To update File::Scan regularly, run the following script from cron...
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use CPAN;
> install File::Scan;
>
> I run this nightly, and it works fine, to keep File::Scan up to date.
[...]

We use File::Scan as first instance and if it doesen't find anything
use clamd as second instance. The problem with File::Scan in my opinion
is that it isn't updated regulary enough. But I supose it's much faster
than scanning with clamd (hope I'm not wrong with that).

Regards,
Sebastian Zerbe