[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.33 Released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Apr 28 08:14:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Clayton, Nik [IT] wrote:

> > I released MIMEDefang 2.33 today.  This release is so quick on the
> > heels of 2.32 because 2.33 deletes multiple Content-Type: headers,
> > keeping only the first.

> Is this before or after filter_end() is called?

It's right in the C code, so the Perl code never even sees the multiple
headers.  This is done for security reasons; we have to absolutely
ensure that the Perl code (MIME::Tools and SpamAssassin) interpret the
message exactly as an MUA would.

So unfortunately, you can't test for it in SpamAssassin.  I suppose I could
record the information that there were multiple Content-Type headers
and inform the Perl filters, but MIMEDefang 2.33 doesn't do that.