[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.32 is available

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Apr 15 12:10:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

MIMEDefang 2.32 is available from http://www.mimedefang.org
The tarball is directly downloadable from:

	http://www.mimedefang.org/static/mimedefang-2.32.tar.gz

Major changes:

* Support for Central Command's Vexira virus-scanner.
* Support for Sendmail's rcpt_mailer, rcpt_host and rcpt_addr macros.
* Other minor bug fixes

Complete changelog since 2.31 follows; please read it for important
backward-compatibility information!

2003-04-15  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* Version 2.32 RELEASED

	* The function filter_recipient gets passed three additional
	arguments: $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host and $rcpt_addr, which are
	taken from the corresponding Sendmail macros.  See the Sendmail
	documentation for more information.

	     *** NOTE INCOMPATIBILITY ***  filter_recipient is passed
	     three additional arguments; if you use function prototypes,
	     you may need to adjust your filter!

	* From filter_begin to filter_end, the hash %RecipientMailers
	contains rcpt_mailer, rcpt_host and rcpt_addr for each recipient.

	* Added support for Vexira Virus Scanner from Central Command,
	courtesy of John Rowan Littell.

2003-04-14  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.pl.in (get_quarantine_dir): Save Sendmail queue-ID
	in quarantine directory.

2003-04-11  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.pl.in (md_check_against_smtp_server): Add a timeout
	of 15 seconds to the socket connect call; otherwise, a down
	downstream SMTP server could cause the slave to be killed.

2003-03-27  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.c (envfrom): When we create the spool directory,
	call it "mdefang-qid" where "qid" is the Sendmail queue identifier.
	If this fails, we fall back to the old way of generating spool
	directory names.

	* mimedefang.pl.in (replace_entire_message): Added
	replace_entire_message function to replace the entire message
	with a user-supplied MIME::Entity in filter_end.

2003-03-26  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.pl.in: Use the "-oi" option to Sendmail when
	resending messages (Michael Sofka).

2003-03-21  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* mimedefang.pl.in (md_log_enable): Added optional
	$enum_recips argument to control whether a line is logged for
	each recipient, or just a single line per message. (John Kirkland)

	* mimedefang.pl.in (gen_date_msgid_headers): We add proper
	"Date:" and "Message-ID:" headers to internally-generated
	MIMEDefang notifications.

2003-03-17  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	* Version 2.31 RELEASED