[Mimedefang] enabling razor tests & re-constituting mail from the spool directory

Rich Stanton richard.stanton1 at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 30 14:33:01 EDT 2003

From: Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>

 >Actually it would not go there... It doesn't really matter what line you
 >put it on, but it needs to be outside of any subroutines. Anywhere above
 >"sub filter_bad_filename ($) {" near the top would be fine.

Thanks for clearing that up.  On a related note, how do I check that the
razor tests etc are being done?  Do I just need to wait for a spam and see
if 'razor' appears in the spamassassin tests within the email, or can I get
a debug output from anywhere (my maillog doesn't seem to detail what tests
were done)?

 >Look in /var/spool/MIMEDefang/qdir-* you'll see the attachments in there
 >(in the same directory as ENTIRE_MESSAGE). And you can always use
 >utilities like uudeview, metamail, etc. to save attachments to a "normal"
 >form with their suggested filename.
 >
 >To resend a quarantined message (can someone please add this to the
 >mimedefang.org faq (because I'll forget to)):
 >sendmail -oi -Am -f `cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < ENTIRE_MESSAGE
 >Just make sure that copy doesn't get quarantined too. It definitely won't
 >if you, for example, tell MD to not scan mail relayed by 127.0.0.1

Again, thanks - and thanks for adding it to the FAQ Mr Skoll!!