[Mimedefang] Loggin Questions

Joshua joshua at turquoise.net
Tue Apr 29 19:17:02 EDT 2003

I am running MD 2.29 and would like to get things to a seperate logfile. I
have added the following lines to /etc/syslog.conf, if theres a cleaner way
to do it please enlighten me, its sloppy due to my newness to the solaris
syslogd.

local1.debug                    ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/defang, @loghost)
local1.info                     ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/defang, @loghost)
local1.err                      ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/defang, @loghost)
local1.emerg                    ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/defang, @loghost)
local1.notice                   ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/defang, @loghost)
local1.alert                    ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/defang, @loghost)
local1.warning                  ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/defang, @loghost)
local1.crit                     ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/defang, @loghost)

then I added 'local1' to the mimedefang filerrules

md_log_enable('local1');

now /var/log/defang is getting some of the messages but very very few.
I have played some with the init script, there are a few lines in there that
pertain to using the syslog,
and switching them to 'no' doesn't seem to have any effect, maybe im dumb. I
am of course stop/starting
mimedefang when I make the change. Same with syslogd.

As I had said, /var/log/defang does get some info, an exaple line.
Apr 29 13:08:54 mail mimedefang.pl[25474]:
MDLOG,h3TN8pxv027369,spam,20.6,64.200.238.45,<n.245.4100476 at bestdirectvalue.
com>,<nanimaas at turquoise.net>,Easy Mortgage Shopping, Apply Free, Any Credit
Accepted

I'm sure I am missing something obvious, but thus far haven't been able to
spot it. I am stillr eading whatever docs I can, figured I would send this
out as I do. I will send a never mind with the answer if I am able to figure
it out.
Thanks for your time,
Josh