[Mimedefang] whitelist basic questions

Charles Mount cmount at csc.com
Sat Apr 26 15:10:00 EDT 2003

I need to whitelist about 300 domains to bypass spam checking as a guard
against costly loss of business false positives.  These are parts of the
corporation, customers, and vendors.
I need basic how it works instructions.  The examples I see of
whitelist_from in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.example only show
how to whitelist single addresses.  Does including a top level domain
automatically work for all subdomains?  For example, would including edu or
.edu or *.edu cover harvard.edu, yale.edu, med.harvard.edu, and
pe.yale.edu?
Does blacklist_from work the same way as whitelist_from?  Which runs first?
Can I blacklist one user or one server and whitelist everything else or
visa-versa?  Can I blacklist certain usernames at all domains like
offers@*.* ?
Is there also whitelist_to and blacklist_to ability somewhere.
Are these included in a hash table or some such structure for rapid
execution, or is this a list which is checked one at a time?

I am running as a mail hub (no local users) using SendmailSwitch on Solaris
8 with MimeDefang 2.32 and SpamAssassin 2.53.  Virus filtering is done via
another milter which is called later.

Thanks
Charles Mount

for such purpose.