[Mimedefang] Logging multiple times

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Fri Apr 25 22:52:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Mike Smith wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  I have a quesiton about the logging with mimedefang. It seems from some
> of my log entries that it's counting messages more than once. See the
> entries below. I'm guessing that it is being sent to 3,4, and 5 people
> and it's logging for each one? If that's the case, how can I get it to
> do this only once?

   Normally when you call md_log, it will log a message once for each
recipient.  The reason has someting to do with a program called
graphdefang, as it reads your syslog for the mdlog entries.  I think I
remember seeing in later versions of MIMEDefang there is an argument you
can send to md_log that will log only once, but you would need to check
the release notes to be sure.