[Mimedefang] filter_bad_filename

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Wed Apr 23 14:20:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Carol Man wrote:

>      Yes, in the file sendmail.mc it has a line
> starting with INPUT_MAIL_FILTER. The written line is:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
> `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock,
> T=S:1m;R:1m')

   Here are some reasons I can think of that your email wouldn't get
scanned:

   1.) Did you generate a new sendmail.cf from the sendmail.mc file?
Look at your active config file (usually /etc/mail/sendmail.cf) and make
sure you see:

		O InputMailFilters=mimedefang

and other milter-related statements.

   2.) Was sendmail compiled with milter support?  Do this:

	/usr/lib/sendmail -bt -d0.1 < /dev/null

and make sure under "Compiled with:" includes MILTER.

   3.) Is MIMEDefang actually running?  If you do this:

	ps -ef | grep -i fang

you should see what all MIMEDefang-related processes are active.

   4.) Is sendmail having a problem talking to MIMEDefang?  Look at your
sendmail logs and see if it is complaining about not being able to talk to
the milter program.

   If none of those help resolve the problem then I'm stumped!

Jim