[Mimedefang] newbee: Mail archive for my own usage

DI Harald ARNOLD Harald.Arnold at arnold.at
Fri Apr 18 20:40:01 EDT 2003

(Yes I am aware of correct and moral usage of such things)

I am new at this list and tried to install "copyuser" from article
<http://www.usenix.com/publications/login/1999-10/features/archiving.html>
but it is not really working.

Today I installed MIMEdefang and I want to make the copy process with this
program. Till now, I can't really write "perl"-scripts. Therefore I want to
have a
short help from you !

After two hard weeks I got newest version of sendmail to work for me. I
know that mime...-filter is under SuSE-Linux in /etc/mail, but I think that
I do not need all subs from perl for copying. I found in a manual subroutine
"add_recipient($recip)" which is my favorite for doing this job. I included
it
in "filter_begin" and/or "filter_end" with verbatim line (user copyuser
exist):

       add_recipient("copyuser at arnold.at");

After rereading mimedefang I could not send any mail from windows client
to anywhere. Not bad ! Therefore I known that my filter is activated and is
working for me. But not with my original reason.

My questions:

Which functions I really need in mime...-filter ? (As shortest C program
'void main { printf("Hello wolrd\n"); }'). What is the correct syntax for
this
statement and in which function (sub - Oh I learn something about "perl").

thank you Harald