[Mimedefang] Quarantine + Boilerplate Oddity

Ryan Hardy rhardy at lodging.com
Mon Apr 14 15:00:00 EDT 2003

During the course of auditing my MIMEDefang configuration to make sure it is
ready for the production server, I noticed an unexpected result.  The
configuration seems to be fairly standard, but I may be misunderstanding
something internally that is causing this issue.  I did look through the
archives via the search mechanism, and found nothing that seemed relevant.

Basically, the problem is this.  When MIMEDefang detects a virus (using
SAV), I have it configured to drop the entity, and add some warning text
(via action_quarantine_entire_message($msg) ).  If I configure it to
silently drop the attachment, the boilerplate for the company is added to
the end of the message correctly.  However, if I have it configured to
append information (virus name, attachment name, etc -- mostly for
administrative use in the Quarantine message), the boilerplate does not get
added to the message.

Here is the block of config for the virus handling:

    if ($FoundVirus) {
        my($code, $category, $action);
        $VirusScannerMessages = "";
        ($code, $category, $action) = entity_contains_virus($entity);
        if ($category eq "virus") {
            md_log('virus',$VirusName, $RelayAddr);

            $QuarantineSubject = "Viral Quarantine Report";

action_quarantine_entire_message(virus_warning($fname,$VirusName,$VirusScann
erMessages));
            action_drop();

            return;
        }
        if ($action eq "tempfail") {
            action_tempfail("Problem running virus-scanner");
            md_syslog('warning', "Problem running virus scanner: code=$code,
category=$category, action=$action");
        }
   }

Does this appear to be correct for what I want to do?  If so, any ideas on
the cause of the issue?

--
Ryan N. Hardy
Unix Systems Administrator