[Mimedefang] MD + SA + DCC

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Apr 11 18:27:01 EDT 2003

On 11 Apr 2003 at 11:21, Robert Covell wrote:

> In spamassassin.cf I have:
>
> use_dcc 1
> dcc_timeout 10
> dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc

Not that this has anything to do with your question, but I see David
already answered so I'll go ahead anyway. :-)

I'd recommend setting dcc_timeout to a lower value.

In my experience, the DCC servers either respond right away, or not
at all.  When the DCC servers are down you're going to add 10 seconds
to the processing of every single message (or at least, every message
that goes through SA).  If you happen to get a flurry of messages
during a DCC server outage, you could exhaust your MX_MAXIMUM in a
hurry and your mail server will choke.

I've got dcc_timeout set to 2, and DCC still works great (when it
works at all). :-)

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager