[Mimedefang] Version confusion ...

Justin Hennessy jhennessy at mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au
Fri Apr 11 01:05:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what version I am running because when I compare the version to the one on the website it dosn't match.

The OS I am running is RedHat 7.2 and I am having a few issues with MIMEDefang and Sophos and I was wanting to update to a newer version so that I can rule out and MIMEDefang issues (probibly wishful thinking).

Here is the output from the mimedefang usage help:
mimedefang version 2.8
Usage: mimdefang [options]
  -h                -- Print usage info and exit
  -n maxFilters     -- Maximum number of concurrent filters
  -p /path          -- Path to UNIX-domain socket for sendmail communication
  -d                -- Enable debugging (do not remove spool files)
  -m /path          -- Use multiplexor; use /path as UNIX-domain socket
  -f /dir/filter    -- Specify full path of filter program
  -r                -- Do relay check before processing body (requires -m)
  -s                -- Do sender check before processing body (requires -m)

And this is the output from a RPM query:
[root at miletus MIMEDefang]# rpm -qa | grep -i mime
perl-MIME-Base64-2.12-6
mimedefang-2.8-3
perl-MIME-tools-5.411a-1

Hope someone can help with this.

Thanks,

Justin Hennessy MCSE
Network and Systems Administrator
City of Mitcham
131 Belair Rd
Torrens Park
South Australia  5062

Ph: +61 8 8372 8854
Fax: +61 8 8372 8101
Mobile: 0411 861 008

Quote: "It could be terminal, if I meet the Lone Sniper hiding behind his grassy
knoll."