[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang multiplexor refusing connections after overload

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Apr 9 11:02:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Björn Wiberg wrote:

> Apr  9 13:00:48 reserv mimedefang-multiplexor: Reap: Idle slave 7 (pid 13575)
> exited due to signal 9 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)

I bet this is either a hardware problem, or your OS is going around killing
processes because of overcommitted memory.  I've never seen Perl die
with a segmentation fault under normal conditions.

Are you running Linux?  If so, you might have bumped into the nasty OOM
process killer.  It kills processes more-or-less randomly, and if it kills
mimedefang or mimedefang-multiplexor, you're dead in the water.