[Mimedefang] Problems with Sophos and MIMEDefang ...

Justin Hennessy jhennessy at mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au
Tue Apr 8 03:34:01 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have been running MIMEDefang for about 12 months now and love it.

About 2 months ago I installed and configure it to work with the Sophos email virus scanner.

Everything seemed to be working ok (well in fact I was not getting any errors so I assumed that it was working), this was my first mistake.

I finally did work out that there was an error being generated by the virus scanner but MIMEDefang was not configured to handling it properly and I was losing messages.

Where I am at is when ever I get a virus scanner error message it logs the message but DROPS the email message.

Most of the time it happens when the scanner is being run in the filter_begin and the message has yet to be broken into it's parts.

Is there anyway to stop the scanner from running when the email message is in this form?

OR

Is there something that I have missed?

Thanks,

Justin Hennessy MCSE
Network and Systems Administrator
City of Mitcham
131 Belair Rd
Torrens Park
South Australia  5062

Ph: +61 8 8372 8854
Fax: +61 8 8372 8101
Mobile: 0411 861 008

Quote: "It could be terminal, if I meet the Lone Sniper hiding behind his grassy
knoll."