[Mimedefang] Off-Topic: Virus Scanner Alternatives

dimon at intellinetinc.com dimon at intellinetinc.com
Mon Apr 7 14:49:00 EDT 2003

Quoting Robert Covell <rcovell at rolet.com>:

> Researching alternatives to KAV or RAV with MD and wanted some opinions as
> to what others are using.  I looked at clamav but it seems to be inactive,
> or I just went to the wrong place.  Not sure about Sophie.  Any suggestions,
> good or bad?
>
> -Bob

I'm using DrWeb. It works just fine for me.
It's commercial software, but you can use it as Evaluation Version (the
limitation is that it doesn't cure viruses and doesn't scan inside archives).
And it's VERY EFFICIENT! Any time virus database updates (usually I update once
or twice a day), SAMBA Filter, flexible reports, supports many MTAs and many
other useful features. And if you consider using full version, the licensing is
not that expensive :-)
Start here:
http://www.sald.com/get.html

Best regards,