[Mimedefang] Two questions

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Apr 3 17:38:01 EST 2003

On 2 Apr 2003 at 17:53, John Oliver wrote:

> System is Red Hat 6.2  I've followed the HOWTO to get MIMEDefang
> installed.
>
> 1) I copied the init script in the redhat/ directory.  It gets me this:
>
> [root at mail mimedefang-2.31]# service mimedefang start
> Starting mimedefang: /etc/rc.d/init.d/mimedefang: test: integer
> expression expected before -gt
> WARNING: Use of mimedefang without the -m option is deprecated.
> Support for non-multiplexor operation will be removed in a future
> release.
> ERROR: You must not run mimedefang as root.
> Use the -U option to set a non-root user.

In addition to copying the init script to /etc/rc.d/initd, you also
need to copy the mimedefang-sysconfig file to
/etc/sysconfig/mimedefang, and edit the file to reflect your local
configuration.

I was able to exactly replicate the error message you received by
temporarily renaming my copy of /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang.

(I'm running MD on three different RH 6.2 boxes.)

HTH!

Nels Lindquist <*>
----
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

Whatever is said in Latin, sounds profound.