[Mimedefang] Caching the results of a SpamAssassin scan

Michael Sims michaels at mail3.crye-leike.com
Thu Apr 3 11:21:01 EST 2003

Sorry for the quoting, I only have access to Outlook at the moment.  I'll
try to clean it up...

> My version of the man page reads:
>
>      The "built-in" globals like $Subject, $Sender, etc. are only
available
>      to filter_begin, filter and filter_end.  They are not available to
fil-
>      ter_relay, filter_sender or filter_recipient.

I'm confused.  Here's an excerpt from the mimedefang-filter man page
that is installed with 2.31:

<quote>
$RelayAddr

The IP address of the sending relay (as a string consisting of  four  dot-
separated  decimal  numbers.)  One potential use of $RelayAddr is to limit
mailing to certain lists to people within your organization.   This  vari--
able is available in filter_relay, filter_sender and filter_recipient.
</quote>

This says to me that $RelayAddr is only available in those subs.  If this
isn't the case then I would imagine the others would be listed also.  To me
that seems to contradict the portion you quoted.  Can you explain?