[Mimedefang] Now that RH 9 is out....

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Wed Apr 2 11:35:01 EST 2003

Eric Wood wrote:

>I've never installed MIMEDefang because of the installation complexity. Now
>that RH 9 is out, are there plans to make a much more simplified howto of
>installing MIMEDefang?  Looks like RH9 has sendmail 8.12.8,
>spamassassin-2.44, perl-5.8.0, and lots of new perl packages.  Is this a
>good sign that MIMEDefang can be installed on a prestine installation of RH
>9 without all the scary perl updates?
>
>thanks,
>-eric wood

There will still be a few requisite packages though it is much nicer
than a year ago.  I've made SRPMS of them that I can make available if
they aren't readily available anywhere else.  Armed with the RH RPMS and
the few additionals, a MIMEDefang install is a piece of cake.  Doing a
quick spot check, it looks like MIME-tools, IO-stringy and MailTools are
the required add-on modules.  MIME::Base64 and Digest::SHA1 are included
with RH9 (Digest::SHA1 may not be installed by default, MIME::Base64 is
part of the perl-5.8.0 package).