[Mimedefang] Downgrading multipart/signed PGP to text?

Jay Levitt jay-defang at shopwatch.org
Wed Apr 2 09:36:01 EST 2003

I use Outlook Express, which handles some S/MIME but doesn't recognize
application/pgp-signature.  Worse, when it sees a multipart/signed it
doesn't know about, instead of just displaying the signature in an
attachment, it displays the main body of the message as an attachment as
well.

I'm the only user on this mail server, so there's no advantage to keeping
this S/MIME around.  Has anyone used mimedefang to strip the signature and
multipart layers of a signed message, leaving only the text?  I figured I'd
see if someone's already written something before I dive in.

Jay Levitt