[Mimedefang] Re: changes to md_log subroutine

John Kirkland jpk at bl.org
Tue Apr 1 11:37:00 EST 2003

Alan,

I wouldn't introduce a new comma in the mdlog line.  The graphdefang
regular expression for mdlog divides out text based on commas, and you've
introduced one in the recipients field that was previously not there.

This is your choice, but using graphdefang, I wouldn't use the new mdlog
option.  You lose user-level granularity every time you receive spam
addressed to more than one person at your site.  I would argue that a
single spam sent to 5 distinct people at my site is 5 spam(s?), not 1 spam
(even though mimedefang only scans the message once).

Regards,
John