[Mimedefang] klez detection

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Tue Apr 1 11:26:02 EST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Michael Sims wrote:

> seen warnings about that module on both this list and the amavisd mailing
> lists saying that it flags too many false positives to be useful.  Does your
> experience indicate otherwise?

I've been using it for quite some time and I've never had a false
positive, that I'm aware of.  As long as you check for $category eq
"virus", that's what you'll get.  If you check $category eq "suspicious",
then you'll get ones that look suspicious (potentially a virus, but not
definitely) too.

Quarantine what it catches.  If you get a false positive, e-mail the
author and he'll fix it.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA