[Mimedefang] some question about the reliability of incoming email.

Cahya Wirawan cwirawan at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 23 12:32:01 EDT 2002

Hi,
  I have tested this mimedefang (with spammassassin), and it works very good,
but before I put this software in production , I want first to know if it is
possible that the incoming email could be lost in mimedefang server
(my sendmail and mimedefang use its own machine) if there is any problem
with the mimedefang server.
  Also what will happend if the mimedefang server crashes when mimedafang is
during processing of emails? or if the network between mimedefang and sendmail
server is down, I setup sendmail to send the email to the recipient without
filtering with mimedefang if mimedefang server is unreachable, but how about
the emails that are already in mimedefang server?
  I think if the mimedafang server is under very high load avg ( > 12) ,
sendmail will get a message from mimedefang that the mail client has to try
again to send email later, how do I tell mimedefang that it should send
message to sendmail just to process the email from client and send it to the
recipient? or if there is any syntax error in my mimedefang configuration,
sendmail will reject all incoming email , how do I  tell sendmail not to
reject the email, but just send it to recipient without mimedefang filtering?

thanks,
cahya wirawan.