[Mimedefang] bounce mail based on To: domain

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Sep 29 23:19:01 EDT 2002

"David F. Skoll" wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>
> > TO: serpico.pcraft.com          REJECT
> -----^
>
> You don't want the space.  But again, I believe access_db is consulted
> for envelope senders only, not headers.

    Aha!  Removing the space results in this error being returned by sendmail:

==========
<a_user at serpico.pcraft.com>
    (reason: 550 5.2.1 <a_user at serpico.pcraft.com>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient)

... while talking to serpico.pcraft.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<a_user at serpico.pcraft.com>
<<< 550 5.2.1 <a_user at serpico.pcraft.com>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient
550 5.1.1 <a_user at serpico.pcraft.com>... User unknown

    a_user is a valid user on that machine (well, it was, I removed it after the test.)

    This would be the way sendmail handles it.  Not exactly the nicest way, so I may impose upon MD to do this instead.  Then again, the whole idea is to stop mail coming to that domain, so either way, the result is the same.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130