[Mimedefang] This is fun... (temp failing)

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:58:01 EDT 2002

>From: "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com>
>
>     I have an old P200 with 224MB of RAM in it (odd number, it's an
>old machine, okay?) running as our incoming mail gateway.  So,
>sendmail, SA, MD, File::Scan and ClamAv are all on it.  Last night I
>changed the MIN/MAX slaves from 3/5 to 5/10 respectively, setting the
>BUSY/IDLE timeouts to 60/300 respectively.

I'd say your hardware is probably up to it.  I'm running something similar
on less memory (160 MB to be precise) without issues (though I use something
other than MD for my virus scanning).  It's worth checking to see the state
of your memory and processor usage, have a quick dig at the output of "top".

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?