[Mimedefang] Fwd: processing HTML email and handling attachments

Michael Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Thu Sep 26 09:11:01 EDT 2002

> According to http://www.eym.com/products/mas/, EYM has a "patent-pending"
> system which strips attachments from e-mail and makes them available via
> a URL, much like action_replace_with_url.

Here is a post from CREN's lp-discuss list.  This list was created
to discuss future features for listproc, before listproc 9.0 was cancelled,
and listproc 8.2 made open source.  Note item 1 under "B.  Better processing
of attachments."  I'm fairly sure this is the first I read of the idea.

I was also considering doing this via MIMEDefang right around the time
you added action_replace_with_url, but don't recall if I discussed it on
the list, or anyplace else that would have been recorded.  Regardless, that
would be no more than a year ago.  (Almost immediately after putting
MIMEDefang on our listproc machine, I started thinking about how it
could be used to put much of the listproc 9 wishlist into listproc 8.2.)

Mike