[Mimedefang] Tally script?

Dave Shepherd Dave.Shepherd at vixel.com
Tue Sep 24 19:13:00 EDT 2002

I use rrdtool http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool . It's a
round-robin
database that remains a fixed size. I then produce graphs each night
show a the following messages-processed, reject-messages,
bytes-processed,
viruses-captured.

The graphs are a 90-day running window that are presented under
Bigbrother which creates the graphs
each night and auto-ftp's them to my BB Display hosts. It even sends
page to my cell phone if sendmail goes down via a modem call to
ATTwireless.

I also do this with all my performance stats on all my system for an
entire year for long-term trending.

First download and install rrdtool, then run these scripts I wrote to
gather and display the stats.

The first script creates the round-robin database (mkrrd_mail.sh)
The second script populates the database once each night
(fetch_mails.pl)
and the third script creates the GIF 90-day graphs each night
(rgraph-mail.sh)

You can grap the scripts and see the pritty graphs at
http://sparrow.vixel.com/dave/rrd/

I hope this helps :)
Dave